Saturday, July 18, 2015

This Week's Playlist

So it's been a while since I last posted! Unfortunately I forgot my laptop charger at my moms (who lives kinda far from my dads) so I was without a laptop this week. But now I have it and I'm ready to tell y'all about my favorite music picks this week! :)

Lana Del Rey: Once again she's my first pick of the week. I can't get enough of her music. I'm so excited about her new album, Honeymoon, and this week the first track of the album was released (also called Honeymoon!). This song did NOT disappoint! It's slow, with focus on complex and beautiful harmonies. Lana's voice is truly the star of this song, along with the supporting violins that create an old hollywood feel. My absolute favorite part of the song is during the lyrics, "dark blue." It's really short but the harmonies are so perfect there!

The Killers: This band is such a classic for me. I go through phases where I listen to them all the time or not at all. Right now I'm getting into that phase where I'm starting to listen to them more and more! My favorite songs right now are All These Things That I've Done, Spaceman, and A Dustland Fairytale. The last one is my absolute favorite. The lyrics, vocals, and background music work so well together! This song has one of my favorite lyrics from this band!
"Now, Cinderella, don't you go to sleep / it's such a bitter form of refuge / Why, don't you know the kingdom's under siege, / And everybody needs you? / Is there still magic in the midnight sun, / or did you leave it back in '61? / In the cadence of a young man's eyes / Out where the dreams all hide"
I'd love to hear what y'all are listening to right now!

// Catalina

No comments:

Post a Comment