Monday, July 6, 2015

July Goals

Lately I've been finding that setting goals for myself helps me get things done. Groundbreaking, right? Apparently it is for me.

I currently use an app called Productive, and it's seriously helped me get on track with my health/fitness and organization goals! My goals consist of exercise, drinking water, getting things done around the house, and making time to spend with others!

With it being summer break, I find myself getting real lazy. Not just physically, but mentally as well. The Texas summer puts me in a bad mood more than I like to admit. I absolutely hate hate hate hot weather. Plus, add on heavy mosquito swarms and soaking humidity, and things just get worse and worse. 

So to combat this summer slump, I'm setting myself some goals to look forward to achieving by the end of this month! And a huge bonus: August 1st is my birthday! So completely these goals will be even sweeter at 21!

Here are my July goals:

  • Exercise five times a week: I've made a commitment to myself to really get into a routine of doing yoga. I love it, I really do, but honestly sometimes I get so bored! Luckily I have a great app (Yoga Studio, featured on my about page!) and if I do a little bit of planning I can mix it up! They offer lots of different classes which will really help.
  • Save at least $200: I'm in the process of trying to find a savings plan that will work for me, but right now this will do! I want to focus on saving for life after college.
  • Read and finish a book: I'm honestly kind of embarrassed to post this one, because I used to love reading books. But like with everything else, I've gotten lazy about it, and I've forgotten just how much I love it. I've been meaning to read Aldous Huxley's The Devils of Loudun ever since I got it last Christmas!


Hopefully writing (typing) these down here will help me be more accountable for my goals and reach them successfully! Wish me luck!

// Catalina

No comments:

Post a Comment